4.29.2006

 

since you asked (third in a series)*

How has my life changed since I had a baby and lost my job? Here's a hint: Tonight is the White House Correspondents Association Dinner. In years past, I would have spent the day at the hairdresser's and then having my makeup done at George's at the Four Seasons (Carl Ray is the mad genius of maquillage), before rushing over to the Hilton for the pre-parties, around 6pm. To give you a sense of it, at previous WHCA dinners and afterparties--where boring Washington bigwigs mingle with improbably attractive Hollywood types, and somehow it's okay that even though we're journalists everyone is kissing up to the administration--I:

(1) almost fainted, literally, at the nearness of Harrison Ford;
(2) drunkenly told Oliver Platt he was "just great, just great!";
(3) was urged by NYPD Blue hottie Henry Simmons to watch the next episode ("you get to see my butt!");
(4) got kissed by a lesser Phoenix sister;
(5) eavesdropped as Ralph Nader and Katherine Harris argued over who would be the smaller footnote in history.

So what do I have planned for today? Well, we're almost out of formula again, and I'd like to get some plants for the containers in the front yard, and I never got to that laundry pile yesterday....

*previous entries in this series can be found here





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?