5.14.2006

 

never again

Never never never again will I drink coffee at night. It's after 3 a.m., the birds are doing that nighttime singing thing (am I the only one who thinks it's weird that they sing at night?), and I'm up googling old enemies and half hoping baby fusses and wakes so I can soothe her (and have something else to do). And tomorrow afternoon when I finally get out of bed, husband is going to give me that exasperated glare he saves especially for every time I drink coffee at night and can't sleep. Plus it will be (well, really, it already is) Mother's Day, and I have Big Plans to go to the garden store as my gift to myself, so I really can't be sleeping the day away. I should be sleeping now and instead I am searching through medical sites to see if my sore ankle is an early sign of gout. (There is, actually, some gout in my family--well, in my stepfather I guess it doesn't mean much, but my uncle has it too...) Usually when I can't sleep I just get up, tweeze my eyebrows in front of the bathroom mirror, examine my clogged pores, and then I am able to go back to bed and fall asleep. But not with coffee! Which seemed like such a nice idea when it was suggested--and really I had such a small amount, with loads of milk....





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?