6.29.2006

 

bitten in proverbial posterior

So last time I had a chance to post, it was to make fun of the puking in the Beckham household. Next thing I know I get the worst migraine of my life--complete with three, count 'em, three "Beckham boots," as I now think of them.

I knew this blogging thing was a bad idea.

Meanwhile, baby and I both have summer colds, which is really the cruelest sort of cold, isn't it? Winter colds may feel worse, but summer colds are just plain wrong. Luckily, she thinks it's hilarious when she sneezes, particularly when she's sucking on a pacifier, and the sneeze propels it out of her mouth in a gorgeous little loop-de-loop. One of the many ways that babies are like cartoon characters, or vice versa.

Oh, and in case you've been wondering (and I know you are) why RC posting has been a bit slow, it's because of Will Shortz. (Oh, Jesse, don't be offended, it's surely your fault as well.) I have become obsessed with constructing a beautiful little crossword puzzle, and as a consequence spend every free moment scribbling like a madwoman in my grid-paper notebook. I am really close to finishing, but of course that means little in this context, since one square can throw off the whole thing (or at least a whole corner). Which is not a metaphor for anything at all.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?