6.29.2006

 

separated at birth

When you have a job, it really doesn't matter how much time you waste on internet silliness. Watch all the YouTube you want (with the volume turned down); figure out your stupid little anagrams; read all the slash fiction you can stand.

When you're not working for the man, however, time-wasters are far more serious, I contend. They waste your time. So as of this moment I am swearing off MyHeritage, the new face recognition website. Here's how it works: You upload a photo of someone and the site searches its database to find the celebrity photo that it most resembles. As Gawker puts it, "this is useful if, say, you want to settle an argument over whether or not you look like Brad Pitt,"--or if you just want to figure out who will play you in the movie of your life.

Or not: I think the software is designed more to compare the particular expression on one face with the particular expression on another, plus the overall proportions of nose to mouth to eyes, etc. This is my explanation for why the first "celebrity" who popped up when I entered husband's face was Robert Bloch, author of Psycho. As for me: Laura Dern. Really makes no sense at all.

However, my second-most similar face was Sarah Silverman, which is probably exactly who would play me in the film if Janeane Garofalo was too busy with other projects. And husband's third-most similar? James Marsters! OMIGOD! That is so perfect.

(Full disclosure: Also on my list were The Rock, former British PM Harold Wilson, and Umberto Eco.)

As for baby, she seems to most resemble various Japanese pop stars, which makes sense when you think about Anime.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?