7.05.2006

 

home again, home again

We're still recovering from a weekend of the Disney Channel. Which is to say: A lovely lake house weekend with friends (i.e., nothing like the horror that was my sister-in-law's "family vacation"), some of whom brought tweens who spent about a thousand hours watching TV. I had never actually seen the Disney Channel before, but as far as I can tell their lineup features the same low-budget show over and over, just with different titles. "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody," for example, seems to be the same show as "That's So Raven," but with slightly different actors and just-as-crappy stage sets. There are wisecracking kids with schemes that are doomed to fail, "madcap" grownups who have even less common sense than the kids, and fake rock 'n' roll concerts with craaaaazy camera angles.

Of course, at their age I was watching "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley," so really, who am I to judge?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?