7.10.2006

 

my new best friends

With all due respect to the various babies I know and love, I've come to believe that my favorite people in the world are the 4-to-6-year-old set. These kids are crazy! They have opinions, strong ones, and they will tell you stories like you've never heard before. At a 2-year-old's birthday party on Saturday I was cornered by two 6s, one of whom spun a long tale about how her younger sisters beat her up everyday, except Friday "when they beat me up two times!" Augusten Burroughs has nothing on this kid. Then there was the 4 who told me about the time he spent--you know, when he was little--as a butterfly. It seemed to involve flying over zoos, mostly. And avoiding sharks. But perhaps the best was the 6 who visited yesterday and begged to do a load of our laundry. He had very strong opinions about the contents of the darks load and fell in love with my Shout stain remover gel brush. "You have the best things!" he told me. And sighed.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?