8.19.2006

 

puzzling, isn't it?

One of the many fun things about visiting Philadelphia is the chance to play Scrabble with baby's American uncle. He's the house champion, although not invincible, with a personal best score of 474. (Typical games in our house have scores in the high 200s/low 300s.) And he always seems surprised when I win, like he really doesn't expect me to be all that smart.

All of that has changed, however. Because tonight, not only did I beat him, I beat his personal best, with a score of 477.

Here's what I'd like to take away from this: That ridding myself of outside stress (i.e. a "real" job) has fired up my intellect, freeing up my brain to run wild. Let's assume that's the case, and not that I have just been doing too many crossword puzzles.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?