9.22.2006

 

i ask for so little

Really, I do. I just want there to be some time during the day when I can sit on my own and work the Times crossword puzzle. The days that this doesn't happen, usually I am prevented by mommying duties, and I accept that as a matter of course.

So when baby went for a blessed second nap late this afternoon, i sat down with my folded over Arts section and a nice black pen. Looked down at the first few clues, and realized only then that the paper had reprinted the same puzzle from yesterday.

I had to retrieve my copy of yesterday's completed puzzle just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. And while I could say something more about the end of high standards in journalism, I'm just too depressed to think about it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?