2.23.2007

 

nine months on, nineteen months off

After you have a baby, there's this wonderful short period of miraculous weight loss--after all, you pushed out several pounds of it, plus various fluids I'd rather not think about. But most women don't get all the way down to their pre-pregnancy weight right away, and to make them feel better, their friends might chant that magical "nine months on, nine months off"--in other words, it took you nine months to gain all that weight, so it shouldn't be surprising if it takes nine months to get rid of it.

Or longer.

Or never.

But this morning was the big day for me: Hopped on the scale, and there I was, the pre-Baby me. I'm back in my "skinny" jeans, and I've put away the transitional jeans (a few pairs of those, actually).

Of course I'm not really the pre-Baby me, not physically or in any other way I can think of. Nor would I want to be.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?