4.10.2006

 

economists say the darndest things!

So we're sitting at the Chipotle eating tacos and drinking Negro Medelo. And I decide it's time to bring up this issue that's been on my mind. That I appreciate the fact that since my freelancing nets about enough money to keep baby in formula for, um, maybe three weeks, husband has become the sole breadwinner, allowing me to write my little doodles and lounge about in yoga pants and a muumuu.

So husband says--and this is pretty close to a direct quote:

"I don't see it that way--as the University of Chicago's Gary Becker would say, just because there's not a market transaction, it doesn't mean there isn't production going on."

Which is, oddly enough, the most comforting thing I've heard in a long time.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?